I have recently revisted my poetry years archives and was amazed to find so many original fliers, programs, newspaper clippings and announcements survived. My first reading was an invitation to open for Y Que Mas at Onyx/Echo in 1994. Over the next two and a half decades I appeared at various events and venues throughout Los Angeles. The following photos are a small representation of my involvement in the Los Angeles and Chicano/a/x poetry scene. Years active: 1994 - 2015
Don't know about the rest of you but the Griffith Observatory has been a trusted fortress over the years -- a place to retreat when feeling like taking a break from the gridlocked streets below; a place to take first time visitors to L.A. for a spectacular panoramic view of the city from the valley to downtown and out into the ocean; a place to make out like crazy teenagers with a date no matter your age; a place to obsessively stare out wondering where in the hell your mate is on that star glittered night; or a place to reenact the famous knife fight scene from 'Rebel Without A Cause' -- come on Angelenos...you have to know what I'm talking about. I can't tell you how many times I came upon a spontaneous impulse to make a sharp turn up Vermont from Hollywood or Sunset for a visit to the Griffith Observatory. Most of the time it was to clear my head of some dumb situation I was in or it was to get my son out of the house on and off the sofa on a Friday night. Part o...

















































