Saturday, April 21, 2012

Anti Social Media Saturday

Taking the time this weekend to steer away from interacting with people on the web's social media networks. Instead, I am visiting with friends in person. I get such an impersonal vibe when communicating via email, text message or via Facebook or any of the other social networks. Sometimes a person needs to break away from the computer or cell phone and meet with friends and family one-on-one. That's where I am today.

Yesterday was an impromptu visit out on my front porch with my neighbor and a common friend, this morning I had a visit from a friend I mostly interact with only online. This afternoon another old friend came by for a short visit and this eve I will be spending time with a long time and dear friend. Coming out of a terrible cold/flu (which I am convinced I caught while on the train) this past week has shed new light on my need for socializing and connecting with the living.

It's a beautiful day in Los Angeles, I can't imagine not sharing it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to have coffee with you at this table ;)

Linda Gamboa said...

:-)