Saturday, April 07, 2012

Explosive Art in L.A.


This morning I rearranged the furniture in my bedroom so that I can look out the window toward the L.A. skyline when sitting at my desk. I had just come home from a day out and fired up my computer when I heard a loud boom and saw a large cloud of black smoke. Luckily my camera was at hand because I was able to capture a few shots from the windown (top photo). I went to the corner and took another photo and was waiting for sirens - but there were none. After asking a few friends if they knew what was going on I found out it was an explosive art demonstration @ MOCA by artist Cai Guo-Qiang. I really wish I had known about this because I'm sure that was quite a display judging by what I heard and saw. Art in L.A. is another thing I love about this city.

This is what went up in smoke yesterday. Photo taken on Sun, Apr. 8, 2012 from Gold Line headed east. Temple @ Alameda in Little Tokyo.
click here to watch a YouTube video of the event. It's amazing.

No comments: